Give Now Give Later Give Stuff Give Time
Each of us has the ability to make a difference in the lives of those who are less fortunate. Your one-time gift provides immediate shelter and care for at-risk youth working toward a new life. Since 1988, Covenant House Alaska has served over 25,000 young Alaskans experiencing homelessness, abuse or trafficking. Please save a life and give now.
You have until March 31, 2020 to apply for your Alaska PFD and dedicate a portion of your dividend to Alaska Covenant House. If you've already filed for your PFD, you have until August 31, 2020 to change or adjust your dividend with a pledge to support us.
You can leave a lasting legacy.
Planned Giving to Covenant House Alaska is an investment in our youths’ futures and the well-being of our communities for generations to come. It’s a way to give without impacting your current financial needs. Here are a few of types of Planned Giving available:
- Beneficiary Designations: Naming Covenant House Alaska as the beneficiary of your retirement account, insurance policy, bank account or DAF is a simple way to leave a legacy of love for youth experiencing homelessness.
- Wills and Bequests: A bequest is a gift by will or revocable living trust. This is an excellent choice if you want to support Covenant House Alaska in the future without affecting the liquidity and use of your assets during your lifetime.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: This is a transfer of assets to Covenant House Alaska, often in the form of cash or stocks. A Covenant House charitable gift annuity may also provide you with tax savings, immediate income, and ensure youth experiencing homelessness have a chance at a better life.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: A charitable remainder trust can meet your unique investment and giving goals with flexible, individual planning, funding and administering.
The staff at Covenant House Alaska is happy to work with you to develop a plan for your giving. For more information please contact Joe Hemphill, Chief Development Officer, at 907-339-4407 or email@example.com. We also recommend that you consult with your attorney or tax advisor.
COVID-19 Update - WE NEED YOUR HELP
Every day we rely on our friends in the community to help us provide for the basic needs for our youth. For the safety and wellbeing of our youth and staff and our community, we have made changes to our regular donations process during our response to COVID-19, but we still urgently NEED YOUR HELP! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can support us during this critical time or choose one of the options below.
1. Shop our Wish List.
Purchase an item and have it delivered to the site. Our amazing staff is working hard to “hunker down” with close to 140 youth at our various programs, as we join our community to be safe and work through this time. We remain in need of our essentials like comfortable clothing, toiletries, and undergarments but we also need additional items to keep our youth engaged and active in our buildings.
To view our “Hunker Down” list, click http://a.co/h2v4sNJ
If you are able to support local businesses by finding items on our list from local stores, please consider that. For example, Annie Brace from Corso Graphics has an Alaska adult coloring book you can buy HERE. Another artist Amanda Rose Warren has one as well HERE. Classic Toys has board games. We love our local community and want to support them any way we can.
If you wish to shop for items from another retailer and have them delivered, please do so.
Important: For the safety and well-being of our youth and our community, we ask you NOT deliver these items yourself to the Youth Engagement Center and instead use a delivery service or the mail to do so. Direct mail and deliveries to 755 A St, Anchorage, AK 99501. (If you need a phone number for the delivery, use our main line which is (907) 272-1255).
2. Provide a meal to our youth and staff. Purchase a meal from a local restaurant and have it delivered to our site. If you are interested in doing this, please contact email@example.com. We’ll help you schedule and coordinate the delivery to our Kitchen team.
3. Give us encouragement. One of the core elements of our mission is to provide unconditional love to ALL youth who enter our doors. We'd appreciate any love you can give us back. Write notes of support, positivity, and hope to our youth and staff and mail them to Covenant House Alaska, Attention: Messages of Support, 755 A St, Anchorage, AK 99501.
4. Make a cash donation. Your help, especially now, is what makes our work possible. Please help if you can. Go to www.coveycares.org
5. Read our stories. Catch up on the stories of our youth and what’s been happening by clicking HERE. We hope you’ll post a question or comment and engage with us.
6. Follow us on social media. Follow us on Facebook or Instagram and share with your network to do the same, as we continue to update you what is happening with our youth and what we may need. Find us on Facebook HERE or follow us on Instagram @covenanthouseak
If you have any questions about making an in-kind donation or how you can help, please contact our Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are NOT accepting any donations dropped off by individuals.
We are NOT accepting any used clothing, accessories or furniture.
We are NOT accepting any homemade soup, baking or meals at this time.
We No Longer Take Book Donations
To better serve our youth, we no longer accept book donations at our Covenant House Alaska youth engagement center, however, you can still put your book donation towards helping youth at Covenant House.
Our friends at Title Wave Books have made it possible for you to donate your in-store shopping credit to Covenant House Alaska's account when you sell your gently used books! All credits donated will go towards purchasing books and study materials for Covenant House Alaska youth.
Title Wave Books is located at 1360 West Northern Lights Boulevard.
They are open Monday through Saturday from 10am-8pm and Sunday from 11am-7pm.
Book buy-back counter hours: Daily until 6pm.
Thank you for dropping your books at Title Wave to benefit the youth we serve!
Community support is also welcomed through giving from our seasonal Amazon Wish List. This list is filled with an assortment of things that would improve the lives of our youth at Covenant House Alaska and is updated based on the needs of the season. When you choose to purchase something from the Wish List, Amazon will automatically populate your address book at checkout with a Gift Address (c/o Development Office) and your gift will be sent directly to our Youth Engagement Center.
We could not accomplish our mission here at Covenant House Alaska without volunteers. The time, talent and support they provide is essential to everything we do. Take a look here for the many ways you can get involved. You can also contact our Volunteer Specialist, Holly Payne, at 907-339-4261 or email@example.com to learn more.