We No Longer Take Book Donations
To better serve our youth, we no longer accept book donations at our Covenant House Alaska youth engagement center, however, you can still put your book donation towards helping youth at Covenant House.
Our friends at Title Wave Books have made it possible for you to donate your in-store shopping credit to Covenant House Alaska's account when you sell your gently used books! All credits donated will go towards purchasing books and study materials for Covenant House Alaska youth.
Title Wave Books is located at 1360 West Northern Lights Boulevard.
They are open Monday through Saturday from 10am-7pm and Sunday from 11am-7pm.
Book buy-back counter hours: Daily until 6pm.
Thank you for dropping your books at Title Wave to benefit the youth we serve!
Amazon Wish List
Community support is also welcomed through giving from our seasonal Amazon Wish List. This list is filled with an assortment of things that would improve the lives of our youth at Covenant House Alaska and is updated based on the needs of the season. When you choose to purchase something from the Wish List, Amazon will automatically populate your address book at checkout with a Gift Address (c/o Development Office) and your gift will be sent directly to our Youth Engagement Center.
Browse Covenant House Alaska's Amazon Wish List here.
Updated April 2021: We are now accepting in-kind donations. We accept in-kind donations 24/7 through the front glass doors of the Youth Engagement Center located at 755 A Street.
Bus passes, gift cards, wallets, backpacks and purses, linens and towels, scarves, gloves, coats, beanies and hats, hand warmers, snow boots, sweatpants, plain t-shirts, leggings, pajamas, sweaters, thermal undergarments, NEW underwear, NEW boxers/briefs, NEW bras, NEW socks, NEW hygiene products (shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, hair ties, nail clippers, nail polish and chapstick), baby clothes, bicycles, functional footwear (sneakers or black shoes), hoodies (zip up or pullover style)
We DO NOT Accept:
Home décor, books, CD's, DVD's, furniture, worn out, stained or unwashed clothing, high heels or open toed shoes, any Items with alcohol, drugs or profanity, electronics, used bedding, used cookware
Here are other ways you can help:
- Shop our Wish List. Purchase an item and have it delivered to the site. We remain in need of essential items for our youth including comfortable clothing, undergarments, and toiletries. Click HERE to view our Wish List.
- Provide a meal to our youth and staff. Purchase a meal from a local restaurant and have it delivered to our site. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 339-4230 to discuss when you’d like to have it delivered
- Give us encouragement. One of the core elements of the Covenant House Alaska mission is to provide unconditional love to ALL youth who enter our doors. Write notes of positivity, support, and hope to our youth and staff and mail them to: Covenant House Alaska, Attention: Messages of Support, 755 A St. Anchorage, Alaska 99501
- Read our stories. Catch up on the stories of our youth and what’s been happening by clicking here. We hope you’ll post a question or comment and engage with us.
- Follow us on social media. Follow us on Facebook or Instagram and share with your network to do the same, as we continue to update you what is happening with our youth and what we may need. Find us on Facebook HERE or follow us on Instagram @covenanthouseak
- Put together Welcome Baskets. Learn more about supporting youth moving into our transitional living programs HERE.
- Make a cash donation. Your help is what makes our work possible. Please help if you can. Go to www.coveycares.org
If you have any questions about making an in-kind donation or how you can help, please contact our Development Department at email@example.com or (907) 339-4230.