With the uncertainty that COVID-19 has brought to our community, we know that many people feel compelled to help in any way they can to flatten the curve and to assist people who need it most right now. It has been amazing to see the quick response of people in our community—and across the nation—stepping up to help in any way they can. Many others are still searching for ways to help while maintaining safety.
Here are some things you can do to support us and other organizations in safe, effective ways:
- Ask 10 friends to like us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram @covenanthouseak.
2. Participate in our “Happiness Is…” project on Instagram stories.
3. Share your favorite Covenant House Alaska story/memory with us by direct message on Facebook or by email: email@example.com (subject line: FAVORITE STORY)
4. Read some stories on our blog page and then leave thoughtful questions or comments.
5. Arrange a food delivery by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Learn about other organizations in our community helping to serve others, like Food Bank of Alaska, Beans Café, Brother Francis Shelter, AWAIC, Seeds of Change, St. Francis House Food Pantry, Downtown Soup Kitchen Hope Center, and Grow North Farm.
7. Draw an image of spring or hope and share it with us on social media by tagging @covenanthouseak
8. Write notes of encouragement to our youth and staff. Mail them to: Covenant House Alaska, Attention: Carlette Mack, 755 A St. Anchorage, Alaska 99501
9. Shop our wish list on Amazon
10. Go to www.coveycares.org to make a donation online.
We feel so blessed to be part of a community that invests so much care in our youth and in other organizations who share our values. To us, happiness is serving Anchorage’s most vulnerable population—especially during this difficult and uncertain time when we don’t know what tomorrow holds.